Xiaomi Cyber dog geared motor ~$60

Hi @i3ryanz , welcome to SimpleFOC!

Unfortunately I don’t think anyone will be able to help you based on this question, other than to commiserate in general terms…

If you’d like advice you’ll have to tell us a little more specifically aboit the issues you’re facing…

1 Like

I’m assuming your physical setup looks like this?

Can you let us know what GitHub project you’re using? Also any information on the errors you’re getting would be helpful.

Apologies for the delayed response!

I am trying to use Daniel Kalicki’s TWAI library to connect to my actuators. Where i will then implement IMU and EMG data to estimate human gait and locomotion, with the actuators providing the plantarflexion and dorsiflexion in the ankle and knee.

Following the data sheet RX and TX are connected to pins 16 and 17, and i haven’t touched the actuator can-id. ESP32-S2 Thing Plus Hookup Guide - SparkFun Learn

Running the code and opening the serial moniter leads to this message:

Failed to queue message for transmission
Alert: TWAI controller has become error passive.
Alert: A (Bit, Stuff, CRC, Form, ACK) error has occurred on the bus.
Bus error count: 15
Alert: The Transmission failed.
TX buffered: 0 TX error: 128 TX failed: 6
POS:0.000000 V:0.000000 T:0.000000 temp:0
Failed to queue message for transmission
This is followed with the last two lines of the message repeating indefinetly.

My thoughts were maybe my microcontroller or can-bus unit were incompatible in some way, but as a novice at all this, i really have no clue.

I am sorry, but this is probably the wrong forum for your question since the software you are requesting help for is not related to SimpleFOC. I do have some limited experience with CAN bus on the ESP32 though and from the debug output you posted, I would conclude that there is a hardware problem. The sender is unable to access the bus and transmit its data. This may happen if the wiring is wrong or another device blocks the bus. Anyway, very difficult to say without detailed knowledge, so don’t take my statement for granted!

1 Like

Ciao a tutti, sto iniziando ad utilizzare i Xiaomi Cybergear, chi mi può spiegare la modalità MIT, dovrebbe coincidere con la modalità 0 come da manuale???

was anyone able to determine what the can id and can frame structure of the encoder calibration command through the gui, as its undocumented? looking to run the calibration through code. maybe @hansihe? saw you accidentally ran it?

HI All,
I am new to the topic, i bought the cyber gear motor and also two usb to can connectors , but not able to connect to the motor with the software that is downloaded from xiaomi site.
i have - usb2canfd v1 from we act
and also

Hi, this motor may also be of interest to you. It comes with an ODrive , powerful torque, and only costs $60.

GIM6010-8微型行星减速马达机器人外骨骼机械狗关节驱动控制电机-淘宝网 (taobao.com)

1 Like

Here is a thread started for the Steadywin GIM6010 motor: Steadywin New Cheap Gear Motor

There has also been some discussion on the ODrive Discord and I did a comparison of the CyberGear and Steadywin specs: Discord

Hi!, i have been working with these motors lately, but i have noticed that in case of a power failure or turning off the power supply, the motor loses its 0 position, how have you dealt with it, how could i recover the initial position?.
Idk if this is the right place to ask this, but i would be very grateful if any of you can help me :slight_smile: