Warnings Upgrading from Arduino R3 to R4

I’m using the SimpleFOC Shield v2 for magnetic encoder reading, and have used it with Arduino Uno R3 where it works very well. I’m trying to upgrade to Arduino R4 WiFi, but the SimpleFOC Shield is causing me some trouble and I need some help with this, please. I’ve copied the warning messages below.

I’ve tried using different versions as follows:
Library: Simple FOC v2.1.1 / v2.3.3
Boards Manager: Arduino UNO R4 v1.0.5 / v1.1.0

I would really appreciate any help or insights with solving this. Thank you!

/home/user/snap/arduino/current/Arduino/libraries/Simple_FOC/src/drivers/hardware_specific/renesas/renesas.cpp:8:68: note: #pragma message: SimpleFOC: compiling for Arduino/Renesas (UNO R4)
 #pragma message("SimpleFOC: compiling for Arduino/Renesas (UNO R4)")
                                                                    ^
/home/user/snap/arduino/85/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/renesas_uno/1.1.0/cores/arduino/cm_backtrace/cm_backtrace.c: In function 'cm_backtrace_init':
/home/user/snap/arduino/85/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/renesas_uno/1.1.0/cores/arduino/cm_backtrace/cm_backtrace.c:144:13: warning: assignment discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
     fw_name = firmware_name;
             ^
/home/user/snap/arduino/85/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/renesas_uno/1.1.0/cores/arduino/cm_backtrace/cm_backtrace.c:145:12: warning: assignment discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
     hw_ver = hardware_ver;
            ^
/home/user/snap/arduino/85/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/renesas_uno/1.1.0/cores/arduino/cm_backtrace/cm_backtrace.c:146:12: warning: assignment discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
     sw_ver = software_ver;
            ^
/home/user/snap/arduino/85/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/renesas_uno/1.1.0/cores/arduino/tinyusb/rusb2/dcd_rusb2.c: In function 'wait_pipe_fifo_empty':
/home/user/snap/arduino/85/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/renesas_uno/1.1.0/cores/arduino/tinyusb/rusb2/dcd_rusb2.c:289:3: warning: 'return' with a value, in function returning void
   TU_ASSERT(num);
   ^~~~~~~~~
/home/user/snap/arduino/85/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/renesas_uno/1.1.0/cores/arduino/tinyusb/rusb2/dcd_rusb2.c:288:13: note: declared here
 static void wait_pipe_fifo_empty(rusb2_reg_t* rusb, uint8_t num) {
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sketch uses 77416 bytes (29%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.
Global variables use 10036 bytes (30%) of dynamic memory, leaving 22732 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 32768 bytes.
Please run as root

Hey @bwm,

In general the warnings should not cause the problems with execution of the library. They might not be nice to see in the logs but they are just the suggestns of the compiler. :slight_smile:

What kind of issues are you experiencing?