Teensy, 3PWM and Timers

Hi, When I first setup my system, I used pins 3,4,5 on the Teensy. They are on (what I now know) different timers. FlexPWM(4.2, 2.0, 2.1). This caused the PWMs to not be aligned, and I think I burnt out my simpleFOC shield chip because of it. Is it documented anywhere that the 3 pins need to be on the same timer? When I put it on pins 4,5,6 (FlexPWM 2.0, 2.1, 2.2), they are now left aligned. 6PWM does a bunch of checking to make sure that pins are on the same timer. Should 3PWM also do that check?

(I have another post trying to figure out how to center align these PWM signals.)

Thanks!!!
Sam

Whilst using the same timer for 3PMW might give better motor performance, there isn’t the same danger to hardware as 6PWM. I would assume that all 3PWM drivers have shoot through protection ensuring low and high side can’t be on at the same time.

Is it possible that your simpleFOC shield died for other reasons e.g not setting a voltate_limit?

1 Like

I was wondering what those compiler warnings meant in my Teensy 4.0 setup - all my PWM pins are on the same FlexPWM (2.0, 2.1, and 2.2) but my enable pins are different groups