b-g431-esc1Arduino Compile Problem

Hi,

I started to test my board with arduino. I opened example sketch, but it is compile error. I did not change anything.
Here is my output.

c:/users/administrator/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/stmicroelectronics/tools/xpack-arm-none-eabi-gcc/10.3.1-2.3/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: libraries\Simple_FOC\current_sense\hardware_specific\stm32\b_g431\b_g431_mcu.cpp.o: in function _configureOPAMP(OPAMP_HandleTypeDef*, OPAMP_TypeDef*)': b_g431_mcu.cpp:(.text._Z15_configureOPAMPP19OPAMP_HandleTypeDefP13OPAMP_TypeDef+0x22): undefined reference to HAL_OPAMP_Init’
c:/users/administrator/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/stmicroelectronics/tools/xpack-arm-none-eabi-gcc/10.3.1-2.3/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: libraries\Simple_FOC\current_sense\hardware_specific\stm32\b_g431\b_g431_mcu.cpp.o: in function _configureADCInline(void const*, int, int, int)': b_g431_mcu.cpp:(.text._Z19_configureADCInlinePKviii+0x6c): undefined reference to HAL_OPAMP_Start’
c:/users/administrator/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/stmicroelectronics/tools/xpack-arm-none-eabi-gcc/10.3.1-2.3/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: b_g431_mcu.cpp:(.text._Z19_configureADCInlinePKviii+0x72): undefined reference to HAL_OPAMP_Start' c:/users/administrator/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/stmicroelectronics/tools/xpack-arm-none-eabi-gcc/10.3.1-2.3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: b_g431_mcu.cpp:(.text._Z19_configureADCInlinePKviii+0x78): undefined reference to HAL_OPAMP_Start’
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Discovery.

What can be the reason ?

1 Like

Ok. I resolved it by adding -D HAL_ADC_MODULE_ONLY -D HAL_OPAMP_MODULE_ENABLED flags to boards.txt.

2 Likes

Hi, I have a similar issue. Could you specify how did you change the boards.txt files?
I new to this, thank you

Hi, sorry for late reply.
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STMicroelectronics\hardware\stm32\2.3.0

this is my boards.txt folder

and this my discovery board definition.

Discovery boards

Disco.name=Discovery

Disco.build.core=arduino
Disco.build.board=Disco
Disco.build.variant_h=variant_{build.board}.h
Disco.build.st_extra_flags=-D{build.product_line} {build.enable_usb} {build.xSerial} -D HAL_ADC_MODULE_ONLY -D HAL_OPAMP_MODULE_ENABLED

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

@etempm It’s my first time compiling for the B-G and this is exactly what I needed!

Many thanks.
Barry M

I also had this problem and was able to get the board loaded with this update. Then Arduino IDE updated and replaced the file and I Now have to try the fix all over again. is this something that has been identified as an update item so it will get fixed in the github file?

Hello all

Sorry to revive this topic, but I am running into the same error. I am working with arduino IDE. I modified boards.txt as suggested, but I still have the same errors as above. Did I somehow apply this wrong?

Update:

I was able to solve this by instead putting the build flag in the platform.txt file

Line 60

I am not sure why the build flags in boards.txt did not work for me, but at least there is this solution.