B-G431-ESC1 not working with pwm

Hooked up servo tester to esc and cannot get eval board to run on pwm signal. Using MC-SDK motor controller also. Any ideas?

Hi @sidtryzbiak ,

Welcome to SimpleFOC!

You’ll have to give us a bit more information if you want someone to help. Can you post the code you’re using?

Are you using SimpleFOC library? How have you implemented the PWM-in functionality?

I am using the STMicro Cube suite and the ST Micro MC SDK WITH THEIR EVAL demo program. The eval board has a pwm input as well as UART and CAN. Pretty strange but the pwm input does not work. Even ST Engineers don’t know why.

Hey, sorry to hear that! I hope you sort it out.

I am having a similar issue. Have you figured anything out yet? I haven’t yet reached out to ST but everything on the boards I have seems to work fine except the pwm control. Have you tried using UART commands to control the board? Hopefully you still see this after a whole year.

This is the simplefoc forum, the stuff you are talking about has nothing to do with simplefoc. The reason I use simpleFOC is that you can actually get in there and change things, and it’s fairly good to start with. You can’t really do that with the toolkit you are using. Either it works or it doesn’t, there is not much you can do unless you know a whole lot about embedded programming.

I tried that ST stuff and none of it ever worked, in about five different ways. I would solve one issue at great expense and there was always another problem down the line. Even their pre prepared examples don’t work when you do everything exactly like they say.

1 Like