AIOLI-FOC: USB powered all-in-one simpleFOC board bringup

What do you mean? I’m developing on Mac, CubeMX, CubeIDE, and CubeProgrammer all work pretty well for me. The only ST util that was not working for me on mac is UCPDMonitor. I also know quite a lot of people are developing these types of boards on Linux, so I think the support there is good too. I also use STLink v3 minie directly to my computer, no USB 2.0 hub. Are you sure you bought a real probe and not a clone ?

You can also write the option bits over DFU (there is a separate address space). I can try to dump a binary from one of my boards and upload here so that you can just upload that without stlink if that is helpful.

I understand this is a simplefoc board, and such discussions are out of scope, however, this appears an environment setup problem on your side rather than STM Cube issue.

You may want to do a clean install on a stock hardware/software and have your development separate from everything else, use it only for stm cube. Of course that requires a separate box and a lot of time.

Cheers,
Valentine

This was a problem with STM Cube Programmer 2.17.0. Reverting to 2.16.0 solved the issue.

It is a well known issue, that STLinks have problems with some USB PHYs. Your Mac does not seem to have this issue then. ST-Link-V3 on MacBook Pro M2 running Sonoma 14.4 o... - STMicroelectronics Community

Interesting! I guess being on Intel Mac is why I never noticed these problems either.

There’s a little bit of irony to the fact that it’s harder to program ARM chips from other ARM chips than Intel :wink:

1 Like

I’ve had no major issues with my m2 MacBook Air, but I also might be using some version other than the most current one.

Interesting! I was actually unaware of these issues… I am on M1 air