Aerostar 30A RVS G2 32bit (2~4S) Electronic Speed Controller w/Reverse Function & 4A 5~6V SBEC

Hi. I’m a noob. I have a “Aerostar 30A RVS G2 32bit (2~4S) Electronic Speed Controller w/Reverse Function & 4A 5~6V SBEC”. Can I use SimpleFOC library with this ESC? I’m going to use my Arduino UNO + AS 5600 + “Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 3536-1050kv Brushless Outrunner Motor”. Is this hardware compatible with SimpleFOC?

Pretty sure the answer is no. These esc have a microcontroller on them that is managing the power to the bldc phases. It only offers a simple pwm interface to the outside for speed control (i.e to your Arduino) and a few other functions. The docs look like you get braking/reversing through sending pulse codes.

To get simple foc working with this, you’d need to be able to program the mcu on that esc. It isn’t clear what chip it is or whether it has pins to be programmed and if it did it wouldn’t have the i2c pins to connect your as5600.

There are recent threads on people wanting similar things and other have ‘looked and failed’ to find an esc that is usable with simplefoc

You could control your motor from Arduino and this esc, but it wouldn’t be simplefoc and could only go fast or faster (no slow speed control)

Thank you very much for spending time answering my question.
Could I solve this problem using a b_g431_esc + bldc + as5600 + simplefoc?