STM32 stuck at MOT: Align sensor

Hi there!

I had the same problem with the magnectic sensors AS5048a. I was trying to hook up 3 magnetic sensors with the same SPI pins.

The data was very weird and then I decided to ditch the breadboard and rewire them. After doing that, the data was much better. Hope that helps.

Hi @Owen_Williams, sorry I forgot to reply to this.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m 95% sure that this is the magnet I’m using, which is diametric. It’s held dead-center over the sensor, within the sensor’s optimal range (per the sensor datasheet) by a 3D-printed motor mount and magnet mount:

File_000(2)

I sometimes get 6ish rad per rev by spinning the motor with my finger. Sometimes I don’t though, and it jumps random directions up and down. I’m starting to wonder if I have a bad sensor, unfortunately. I’ll disassemble the mount and try the magnet sideways first before I pull the trigger on buying another sensor.

Thanks again for the help so far!

@Neuro Thanks for the suggestion. I was indeed using a breadboard for some debugging. Unfortunately, direct-wiring did not solve my problems. It did however make the setup look a lot cleaner. :slight_smile: