SimpleFOC Ardunio Shield Schematic

Hello. I’m looking at the SimpleFOC Arduino Shield schematic here: https://docs.simplefoc.com/extras/fabrication/schematic.pdf

I am wondering if there is more documentation available. I’m not sure what is meant by the solder connection triples. I’m also trying to figure out how the pins on the schematic correspond to the Arduino pins in a typical usage scenario.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Welcom to the forum @fractal!
The solder pads are described here

This page suggest a best layout for single (non stacked) shield.
On my shield, some of the pads were already connected using conductive ink (black dots). These can be scratched off. I found the resistance through the ink to be quite high so i replaced with solder.

If you have the time, I’d spend an hour reading through all the docs and examples.

The docs are really good. Videos are well worth a watch too!

Hey @fractal,

Regarding the soldering connections, that are the soldering pads from beneath. You can see is on the link @Owen_Williams showed you. It is a simple way to enable using multiple identical shields stacked on Arduino device.

In the schematic the pinA0 corresponds to the arduino pin A0 and pin2 corresponds to the Arudino pin 2 etc.
I know it is not very well documented but as you can see from the schematic, the connections are very very simple. :smiley:

If you are interested in having an Altium project of the shield please send an email to:
info@simplefoc.com

I will include it in the documenation a bit later, but I would like to transfer it to some opensource platform before.

Don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions.

A post was split to a new topic: SimpleFOCShield Schematic - C4 capacitor