Robo Base Wheel

Hi All,

I am working on a Robo Car ( ROS Based ) . Can you please suggest me bldc motor wheel and driver to work with Pay load 10 to 20 Kg.

I tried with Maccanum wheel, DC motor and L298N but unable to handle load & it’s very noisy while moving. AGV wheels are costly.

Thank you,
Ravi

1 Like

Welcome @Ravi

I’m not sure we can help you with wheel selection but we can certainly help with motor.

What speeds are you looking at? Slow? Is a fixed gear reducer ok or do you want a direct drive?

A skateboard motor will probably be overkill but is an option.

Hi Owen Williams,

Thank you for your help.

It’s indoor robot movement with moderate speed. operate it manually/autonomously.

Thanks,
Ravi

The AGV motor (6.5in 24V 150W) you mention looks similar to hoverboard motors which can be sourced a lot cheaper than a new AGV. Do you need that much power? Do you want to drive 1, 2 or 4 wheels? How are you intending to steer? It’s a bit hard to make suggestions without knowing a bit more.

You could start with a RC Car motor or skateboard motor with relatively low kV e.g. < 500kV. The SimpleFOC board probably can’t drive these types of motors. So what’s more powerful? You could look at Dagor controller (search this forum) or something like Cheap FOCer, ODrive.

Hi Owen Williams,

We are planning for 2 motor wheels, 1 free caster wheel. Motor operats in 12 V or 24 V. Programmatically steer this robot.

Thank you for all your help.

Ravi

Hi Ravi @Ravi, we have a inwheel BLDC motor, also used in small robo base, may be can help you to speed up your project.
12~24V
120Walt, 5NM max, low speed
Weight around 500g
Diameter around 100mm, with 1:5 planetary inside, 120° Hall sensor inside
Load >30kg
Of course with very low cost

1 Like

Hi John,

Thank you for sharing details. Please share me URL.

Thank you