Out of Stock Forever?

Will the shop be replenished with pre-built boards? Or is it off to JLPCB to build our own?

Dear @stiener , welcome to SimpleFOC.

We’re really sorry about the stock situation, but also can’t do that much about it. The semiconductor shortage means we can’t produce things as we normally can, and re-designing with new components, ordering prototypes and testing is a lengthy process.

We’re working on it!

In the meantime, you can try your luck with AliExpress: search for SimpleFOC, and there are some boards you can order (at your own risk!).

1 Like

I have about 100 L6234 chips on hand. Just saying

1 Like

Rats! ahh oh well. I completely understand the situation. I had forgotten about AliExpress, I willl have a look. Thanks

@stiener

Will the shop be replenished with pre-built boards? Or is it off to JLPCB to build our own?

Exactly what I ended up doing. See here:

1 Like

That seems a very unlikely in near to mid-term. The zero-covid-policy in China (manufacturing) and the Russian war against Ukraine (rare/noble gas as well as extremely high energy prices) will stretch well into 2023, and push into 2024. Also, a pretty long world-wide downturn due to high inflation caused by the OECD blocking and sanctioning Russia for their aggression in Ukraine, and resulting into prolonged resource shortages, will come very soon. Also, Russia will soon technically default on their debt (first since 1917) and then things will get even stranger.

We have not seen the worst yet.

Cheers,
Valentine

1 Like